Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS Java Message

s-sheffield
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is there a way to stop the annoying "wrong version of Java" message appearing everytime I log into Ciscoworks. Unfortunately I need newer versions for other apps on my PC.

If I just ok the message and minimise the help screen I can log on as normal and do what I need.

I'm running LMS 2.2 and I know it needs upgrading to 2.6 but I assume that costly.

As a side note does 2.6 have this same issue with Java?

thanks

Stuart

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To stop this message, in the browser under Tools - Internet Options - Advanced I unchecked the option:

Java (Sun)

Use Java 2 1.X.X for applet

After this is would load the correct Java version needed (can have multiple Java plugins installed)

If you have an SAS contract you can upgrade to LMS 2.6 for free, if not then you will have to purchase this latest product.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To stop this message, in the browser under Tools - Internet Options - Advanced I unchecked the option:

Java (Sun)

Use Java 2 1.X.X for applet

After this is would load the correct Java version needed (can have multiple Java plugins installed)

If you have an SAS contract you can upgrade to LMS 2.6 for free, if not then you will have to purchase this latest product.

David

Many thanks for the advice it works a dream.

Stuart

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: