cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS license

jopetik09
Level 1
Level 1

can I use existing LMS (2.6) license for LMS 3.0?
I am planning to take LMS 3.0 DVD and upgrade to it from LMS 2.6

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Joe,

So however I should by a LMS 3.0 DVD with license to upgrade from LMS 2.6 as I understood.

How much approx cost it will be for 3.0 DVD with license?

View solution in original post

If you purchased an LMS 3.0 DVD, it should have come with a PAK number which you will use to get a license file from licensing@cisco.com.  I do not know specific costs.  Your account manager can help you out with that.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, LMS 3.x requires a new license to be purchased.  Once you have an LMS 3.x license, you can use it for any version of 3.x (up to 3.2).

If the customer has a SAS-U support contract on their LMS, that would entitle them to the new license, correct?

My understanding is that there are no more SASU contracts for LMS.  We did offer a discount for LMS 2.6 to 3.0 upgrades a while back, but there are no longer any discounts on the upgrade.

Thanks Joe,

So however I should by a LMS 3.0 DVD with license to upgrade from LMS 2.6 as I understood.

How much approx cost it will be for 3.0 DVD with license?

If you purchased an LMS 3.0 DVD, it should have come with a PAK number which you will use to get a license file from licensing@cisco.com.  I do not know specific costs.  Your account manager can help you out with that.

Thanks Joe.