Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS license

can I use existing LMS (2.6) license for LMS 3.0?
I am planning to take LMS 3.0 DVD and upgrade to it from LMS 2.6

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: LMS license

Thanks Joe,

So however I should by a LMS 3.0 DVD with license to upgrade from LMS 2.6 as I understood.

How much approx cost it will be for 3.0 DVD with license?

Cisco Employee

If you purchased an LMS 3.0 DVD, it should have come with a PAK number which you will use to get a license file from licensing@cisco.com.  I do not know specific costs.  Your account manager can help you out with that.

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

No, LMS 3.x requires a new license to be purchased.  Once you have an LMS 3.x license, you can use it for any version of 3.x (up to 3.2).

Hall of Fame Super Silver

If the customer has a SAS-U support contract on their LMS, that would entitle them to the new license, correct?

Cisco Employee

My understanding is that there are no more SASU contracts for LMS.  We did offer a discount for LMS 2.6 to 3.0 upgrades a while back, but there are no longer any discounts on the upgrade.

Thanks Joe,

So however I should by a LMS 3.0 DVD with license to upgrade from LMS 2.6 as I understood.

How much approx cost it will be for 3.0 DVD with license?

Cisco Employee

If you purchased an LMS 3.0 DVD, it should have come with a PAK number which you will use to get a license file from licensing@cisco.com.  I do not know specific costs.  Your account manager can help you out with that.

Thanks Joe.

Views
Helpful
Replies