Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS<->SNMS DCR Synchronization

p_kiselev
Level 1
Level 1

Good day.

The company HQ and the branch offices are connected with low-bandwith channels. LMS 2.5 is installed in the HQ, SNMS is used in the brach offices (the regional personnel manages the networks themselves). Is it possible to synchronize the LMS DCR of the HQ with the SNMS DCR's of the regional offices to use the LMS to control the regional networks if necessary?

4 Replies 4

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It won't be possible to sync between LMS 2.5 and SNMS as there really isn't a concept of DCR in SNMS.

SNMS 1.5 runs RME 3.5 which is using a different framework than LMS 2.5 and does not have a DCR. RME handles the inventory in SNMS and does not have this master inventory repository.

Thank you.

Let's assume we have the LMS with unrestricted license in the HQ and LMS with restricted licenses in the branch offices instead of the LMS in the HQ and SNMS in the branch offices. Can I synchronize the DCRs of these systems to allow the HQ administrators to control the regional networks with their LMS still leaving the possibility to control their networks with restricted license LMS to the branch offices administrators?

I believe the direction you are headed towards is LMS 2.5.1 with Cisco ACS integration. This would allow (1) Management solution for the enterprise and specific restrictions per group or even per person. This would allow the remote personel to use LMS tools only for the devices at their location.

I want to integrate several LMSes because of the low speed of channels to the branch-offices, i.e. the HQ administrators have to control the regional offices with their unrestricted license LMS in extreme cases and the regional administrators use their restricted license LMS in any other case. I need the possibility of different LMS DCRs synchronization to allow the HQ administrators to have information about the network both in HQ and in the regions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: