Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS multiserver licensing

Hello Everybody!

I am looking for any kind of confirmed informations (cisco docs) about licensing CW LMS in multiserver environment.

I have to get one license per server or can I install redundancy topology using one license? (ie. distributed LMS applications, same redundant servers).

Regards

Dominik

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: LMS multiserver licensing

You will need a license for every LMS 2.5/2.6 license that you install. That is, unless you install RME, CM, DFM, IPM on different servers (not repeating either module on a second server). In that scenario you could use one license for all servers.

However, that isn't redundancy, but it does help keep the load down on a server by spreading out the apps to multiple machines.

Anytime you plan on installing either of RME, CM, DFM, or IPM more than once, you will need a new license.

Bronze

Re: LMS multiserver licensing

As per the previous reply, a license is needed for each LMS component. Cisco does however provide a license for DR( Disaster Recovery) or backup LMS Servers. Feel free to contact Cisco regarding a license for such a server. As learnt from a previous experience with one of our customers they got the 2nd license at a reduced rate.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content