Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS Prime 4.2 - AP's are not getting added

Prasan Venky
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

When i add cisco WLC, all ap's registered with that WLC should join LMS automatically right ..? But in LMS i could see those AP's ip's as not reachable and not getting added..

Quick help is appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco Prime LMS 4.2 is not the wireless infrastructure management software, like WCS/NCS or present day's Cisco Prime Infrastructure.

Ciscoworks LMS is for wired network and hence if you add a wlc it will not show the registered AP's or their details.

There features are in Cisco Prime Infrastructure which is wireless Infrastructure management software.

You can add Autonomous AP's manually to get managed or via network discovery, LMS can learn devices and add them.

For devices, including APs to get added, you need correct crendentials (Telnet/SSH/SNMP) to get them added.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE them**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thank you so much for your response. Could you please provide me the cisco link for the reference..? that would be a great help.

So you say that we need to migrate it to PI in order to support Light weight accesspoints. ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: