cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS - Problem witth stopping crmdmgtd at installing CM

richard.turian
Level 1
Level 1

At installing LMS 2.5.1 - on beginnig at part Campus Manager, the installation try to stop crmdmgtd service, but unsuccesfully. Maybe i can stop it manualy under Services in Windows (Win 2003 Server SE), but there is no such service. So i`ve tried to uninstall the LMS completely, but the uninstalation process need to stop crmdmgtd cervice again. What i have to do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

frankzehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Richard,

try the command "net stop crmdmgtd" at the command prompt.

Otherwise, the failure message is stating if you want to wait for the D?mon Manager until it is stopped, say yes here and wait.

You may control the downgiong of the services with the taskmanager.

Just open the taskmanager change to performance view and have a look at the "Page file usage History". The LMS uses round about 2.4 or more Gigabyte while running. On a clean w2k or w2k3 install the usage lowers to 300 or 400 Megabytes. Just wait until this mark is reached. Then are all services stopped. This could last serveral minutes depending on you machine!

On what hardware is the lms running?

Best regards,

Frank

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

frankzehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Richard,

try the command "net stop crmdmgtd" at the command prompt.

Otherwise, the failure message is stating if you want to wait for the D?mon Manager until it is stopped, say yes here and wait.

You may control the downgiong of the services with the taskmanager.

Just open the taskmanager change to performance view and have a look at the "Page file usage History". The LMS uses round about 2.4 or more Gigabyte while running. On a clean w2k or w2k3 install the usage lowers to 300 or 400 Megabytes. Just wait until this mark is reached. Then are all services stopped. This could last serveral minutes depending on you machine!

On what hardware is the lms running?

Best regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,

yes, you are right. Around 20 min was the page file at 780MB, the it felt down to cca 180MB. The time was very long. Nevermind, now i can continue with installing.

Btw. the PC is IBM ThinkCentre, 2GB RAM, Intel Celeron 2.66GHz

Thank You

BR

Richard

This server is not supported if you will be using the whole LMS bundle. You must have a Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or better. The Celeron will suffer from performance problems (as you are seeing).

However, the safest way to install updates on top of LMS 2.5 is to mark the Daemon Management service and IPM services as manual, then reboot. Once all of the updates are installed, set those same services back to automatic, then reboot again.