cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS upgrade problem

sem7433
Level 1
Level 1

After the upgrade to lms 2.6 we got problems to connect with http to the server. I have found this errror message in EPMserver.log -

18/okt/2006 08:33:50:419 ERROR main com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.client.CTMCall establishIPC - URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

18/okt/2006 08:33:50:419 ERROR main com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.client.CTMCall establishIPC - URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

18/okt/2006 08:33:50:419 ERROR main com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.client.CTMClientProxy getProxy - URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

In EPMOgsAdapter:EPMOgsadapter is sleeping. Waiting for OGSServer to come up .cisco.nm.xms.ctm.common.CTMException: URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

What is the problem and how can i solve it.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This problem relates to the DFMOGSServer daemon not starting properly. Check the output of pdshow to make sure this daemon is started. If it is, you may need to add your fully qualified hostname (i.e. hostname plus domain name) to the server's local hosts file.

If it is not started, check the DFMOGSServer.log to see what errors are there.

When i check output of pdshow, there are lots of deamon who not are started (DFMOGsserver,RMEOGSserver,CMFOGserver...)

I add the hostname to localhosts file but it didnt help. I get following message in DFMOGSserver.log - !

19/okt/2006 10:14:55:826 ERROR ? ? - URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

If none of the OGS servers are started, you most likely have a problem with your CMF database. What is the status of CMFDbEngine?

The CMFDbEngine is up and running. Can i reinitialize CMF database.

Yes you can, but by doing so, you will lose all devices in all applications. The commands to clean out all the databases (you need to run all of these if you reinitialize the CMD database) are:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=cmf dmprefix=CMF

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

But before doing that, you might try resetting the password on the CMF database:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbpasswd.pl dsn=cmf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: