Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS with RME : how to import a configuration then distribute it

Hello,

I need to import a configuration from an existing Catalyst 3560 or 2950 device, and deploy it on new devices going out of the box, with a minimal config. I have tried with Config Editor from RME 4.0 but it is not so simple, so is there an existing procedure describing clearly all the steps ?

Thank you,

Patrice

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: LMS with RME : how to import a configuration then distribute

You might consider using the baseline template feature for this. With config baselines, you can build your golden master default config, then test the compliance of your devices, and deploy the config changes are needed. With new devices, they should be completely non-compliant, so all configuration bits will be deployed.

Alternatively, you could build a Netconfig custom template with default configuration parameters that can be deployed to all of your new switches.

As for a procedure that describes all the steps of the above, you should consult the built-in online help as well as the LMS deployment guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2425/prod_white_papers_list.html

Re: LMS with RME : how to import a configuration then distribute

Hi,

I thank you a lot for your answer, that will help me.

Best regards,

Patrice

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content