cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS2.2 RME3.5 Getting incorrect TACACS password on CSS11503 devices

srivkind
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem getting device configurations imported due to TACACS failure. I am not really using TACACS on the devices but put the Username and password in the fields as a work around to the the CSS devices into the database. I do have one CSS11503 device I was able to import successfully but do not see any obvious differences in the device configs and in one case there is no firewall involved at all. Any ideas?? Anyone else encounter this?

Thanks

Steven Rivkind

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The issue sounds vaguely familiar, but I may be thinking of an RME 4.0 problem. However, a failing password should not keep the CSS from being managed by RME. RME only uses SNMP to initially manage a device.

In any event, the best way to troubleshoot this is to start a sniffer capture for all trafic to the CSS, then reproduce the failure. Since you have a working CSS, you might want to take a sniffer trace of the same operation for it, and compare the two. If you need help analyzing the traces, you should open a TAC Service Request.

srivkind
Level 1
Level 1

I was wrong about the CSS versions being the same. The one that was working was running 7.3 code and the one that wasn't is running 7.5. Opened a TAC case and the resolution was to upgrade to LMS2.5 RME4.0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: