cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

LMS2.5 creating load on router

Hi,

I have LMS2.5 installed on a win2003 server. I have CS 3.0.4, RME 4.0.4, CM 4.0.4, DFM 2.0.5, IPM 2.6.0, CV 6.1.4 installed.

The command "sh processess cpu history" shows that about every 4 hours the cpu load increases quite

a lot on one of my routers( the CPU% per hour (last 72hours)). Can anyone tell me what LMS is doing (or more specifically which module is doing this).

I am having a problem finding documentation regarding default values for polling in CW.

regards,

Siggi

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: LMS2.5 creating load on router

Which process is taking the most CPU??

Hi,

I haven?t been on the box when the cycle is in process ( about every 4 hours). When I initally add a node to CW the 2"Virtual Exec" and "Snmp Engine" are the main ones.

In Campus Manager the options for a scheduled data collection are 6 with a 4 hour time difference (at 00, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20). Is this applied by default ? also the discovery schedule ( at 23, 3, 7, 11, 15 19)?

regards.,

Siggi

Cisco Employee

This is the default for Campus Manager and User tracking. If you're experiencing load at those times then it may be due to CM and UT Discovery. Reading CDP neighbours and arp tables via snmp. However, I don't think this would put that much load on one device.

What type of device is having the problem?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content