Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS2.6 CS3.0.6 Backup Issues

cco4nsdnet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a little, sorry a BIG, problem with backup on CiscoWorks.

I updated commonservices to 3.0.6, RME to 4.0.6, campusmanager to 4.0.13 and when I try to schedule a backup during the night with "BACKUP_OFFLINE=YES" in backup.properties here is the log I have int dbbackup.log :

/cygdrive/e/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cmf/servlet/cwpass : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/e/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/lib/classpath/sso.properties : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/e/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/dcr/dcr.ini : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/e/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/conf/ssl: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/e/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cmf/security/secret.dat : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/e/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cmf/security/jaas/JaasConfig.xml : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/e/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/maps: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/e/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/objects/data/cmf/cmic/registered-templates: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/e/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/objects/data/cmf/cmic/cmic.xsd : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/e/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/conf/logstat.conf : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/e/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/etc/licenses: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/e/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/e/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/lib/classpath/comUser.dat : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/e/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/lib/classpath/ccoUser.dat : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/e/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/lib/classpath/proxy.properties : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/e/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/conf/signFile : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/e/CSCOpx/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

ERROR(686): Cannot create or back up tar file. Backup cancelled. Verify that you have write-access to this directory.

Backup failed: 2010/01/25 21:10:06

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removing directory E:\BACKUP-CW-649\49

INFO: Starting Processes...

MESSAGE FROM ServiceHandler class

Starting services..

return code is 0

INFO: Notifying the on-line users.

INFO: This may take few minutes. Please wait...

INFO: Stopping Processes...

MESSAGE FROM ServiceHandler class

Stopping services..

return code is 0

I cleaned the regedit value for Cygwin, I restarted the server. I feel like a dead end...

Thanks in advance for your help

------

Axelalf

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to do more than just clean the Cygwin registry entries.  You need to uninstall all third party software which includes cygwin1.dll.  OpenSSH is one notable consumer of this DLL.  Once you do that, clean the registry again, and the backup should work.

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, the problem is that I have other Tivoli apps running on the server and seems using cygwin from another version, and I cannot uninstall them.

Is it possible to upgrade CiscoWorks's cygwin in order to work with the same that Tivoli ?

Thanks again,

----

Axelalf

No.  However, if you upgrade to LMS 3.2, we no longer use Cygwin, and the backup should work just fine with other Cygwin providers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: