cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS2.6 Inventory 3750 Stack

att0055rj
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to have CiscoWorks collect the inventory of all the switches in a stack of 3750s? Currently only 1 SN is being collected for the entire stack. If 2.6 can't, will LMS 3.0 be able to?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It depends on how you have added the stack members to DCR. How does this stack and its members appear to CiscoWorks?

The stack appears as one object in DCR. 9 switches connected via stackwise. The OID is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.516 "3750 Stack"

Maybe I should rephrase this.

If I do a detailed device report for a stack, It will give me the SN of all the other units in the stack under the Chassis information section. If i just run a hardware report, I only get 1 SN. Detailed Device summary Would be way to much information if I want to just get a list of all the SNs of all the devices (Reconcile maintenance with the vendor for exampl). How can I get a report that shows all the Serial numbers of all the devices including all the members of a stack in a stack of 3750s.

A custom report should give you what you want. Create a custom inventory report with the ruleset:

Chassis:Chassis Serial Number:equals:All

Then run that report against your 3750, and it should give you the values you want.

The alternative is to add all of the member switches as individual cluster-managed devices. However, when you do this, the you will encounter a bug where inventory will not be collected. THIS will be fixed in LMS 3.0.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: