Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS2.6: master/slave: can"t add device to rme slave

ebezombes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Customer has issue with LMS master/archive architecture.

MasterServer for Wan device: CS,RME

SlaveServer for Lan device: RME,Campus

When she adds a device on dcr master, on RME slave she doesn't find it on all device view, so she can't add it to RME slave.

She has this issue with a device. At the begining I ask her to verify hostname device and she saw that same IP was defined for 2 different hostname on host file.

She has modified host file to have the good hostname.

She suppressed the old bad device from lms.

But the issue still exist.

Many thanks, Elisabeth

15 Replies 15

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are these servers integrated with ACS?

No, at the moment CU doesn't work with ACS.

On the Common Services homepage, do the two servers show the same device counts?

Hi,

LMS master has lan and wan devices in DCR.

RME master has only wan devices.

RME slave has only lan devices.

It is not possible to work with CS menus from CS slave because it is the CS slave I wish. So I think it is difficult to see if they have the same device number.

It doesn't matter. The CS Home page should show the total DCR device count. If the two servers are peered, then that count must be the same.

Hi,

DCR slave and DCR master have the same count.

Elisabeth

Then the device MUST be in the slave. the device will show up on the slave in exactly the same way as on the master. Please post screenshots illustrating the problem your customer is seeing.

Here you find screen shots,

Is the device listed under another RME category (e.g. Alias devices, conflicting devices, etc.)?

Hello, the devices has been registred on both

RME (Master and Slave) and on the Hosts file on the both servers.

The equipement is still seen on the "Pre-deployed devices" List.

Maybe the pb is comming from there, ( bad register on one base , but which one ?)

A pre-deployed device is one which is not reachable by its SNMP credentials (e.g. read-only community string). Verify that the SNMP credentials in DCR are correct for this device. DCR credentials can only be configured on the DCR master.

there are also command line commands to see the number of devices on the slave.

I believe it is pdshow ..... (jclarke will prob. know the exact syntax)

PDshow only shows "Process Daemon" Status, not inventory.

dcrcli is the utility to comand line manipulate and list the inventory.

Hello

I will do a checking of credentials of the equipment non-cisco.I wait of the customer's feedback.The equipment is a Siemens one.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: