cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

lms2.6 master/slave setup

r.kallfass
Level 1
Level 1

I have two cisco server, if i adjust the slave server in mode slave i become the following error

Error in configuring the slave because Domain IDs of this machine and Master are same

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The GROUP_ID also needs to match the last portion of your DCR_ID. In this case, use GROUP_IDs:

DCR_GROUP_ID=Group2000487

DCR_GROUP_ID=Group7644323

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like you restored a backup from one server to another. This is fine, but you need to adjust dcr.ini to make the domain IDs unique on each server. Edit NMSROOT/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/dcr/dcr.ini, and make sure the DCR_ID value is unique on both servers. It's best to adjust the value so that the hostname is used in both cases.

Yes, i restored a backup from one server to another. But the DCR_ID's are not the same, looks like

DCR_ID=AS55-DCR-2000487

DCR_ID=VMAS07-DCR-7644323

Only the DCR_GROUP_ID is the same

The GROUP_ID also needs to match the last portion of your DCR_ID. In this case, use GROUP_IDs:

DCR_GROUP_ID=Group2000487

DCR_GROUP_ID=Group7644323

Out of curiosity, could both DCR_ID and GROUP_ID ever become identical across both servers, after restoring one's backup to the other? If so, how would one find out what the second (the restore target) server's DCR_ID is really supposed to be?

It just needs to be unique. You can pick anything you want.

Now it runs, thanks for your fast help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: