cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS25 scheduled usertracking export to file

rkoll
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible (as in the old... version LMS2.2) to schedule a job for exporting UT-Data into a file - I did not found anything. It's fine to schedule a usertracking-report, but why it's not possible to export this report into a file. I need the usertracking information, because i'm merging it with other information.

The command-line option /opt/CSCOpx/campus/bin/ut needs a X-Server and cleartext username and password - i don't like it.

In my opinion a new version should have the possibilities of the old version plus new (or better) things and not less. The lates updates (April'06) are installed.

best regards

Roland

2 Replies 2

patrick_joksch
Level 1
Level 1

i had the same problem,and i didn´also found no option to scedule the action to export the UT-information into a file. i used the commandline option started by CRON. (i also don´t like it, but it works well)

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

Need an x server? This won't run in an simple shell you can access with telnet or ssh? Why not?

Alternatively all usertracking info is in one table in the ani database. You can adapt the perlscript called by the DBreader.html page to export that table.

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: