Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

LMS3.1 DFM Error

Hi Experts,

I have encountered error on DFM 3.1.3 on LMS 3.1. The error is as below:

Error in getting instance of TreeGenerator class com.cisco.nm.trx.kdm.utils.DcrGroupSelectorTreeGenerator Root Cause:com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.common.CTMException: URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Yi Shyuan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: LMS3.1 DFM Error

As I suspected, tcp/9002 is in use. The process is seagent.exe. If you kill this process (i.e. disable the associated service), then restart CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, DFM should start working.

15 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Post the output of the pdshow command the the DFMOGSServer.log and DFMOGSClient.log.

a

Hi Joe,

Here's the log file. DFMOGSClient.log can't be posted as it is empty.

Pdshow command doesn't seem to work to show the log file.

Please advise.

Cisco Employee

You need to run the command pdshow from a DOS prompt, then post the output. That will be key in identifying the problem.

Hi Joe,

Here's the pdshow output.

Cisco Employee

It looks as though something may be using tcp/9002 on this server. Post the output of netstat -a -n -o -b and the NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/logs/brstart.log.

Hi Joe,

Here's the output of netstat -a -n -o -b and the NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/logs/brstart.log.

Cisco Employee

As I suspected, tcp/9002 is in use. The process is seagent.exe. If you kill this process (i.e. disable the associated service), then restart CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, DFM should start working.

Hi Joe,

If this service can't be killed, is there any way to fix this problem?

Thanks and Regards,

Yi Shyuan

Cisco Employee

You will have to reconfigure that process to use a difference TCP port. TCP port 9002 MUST be available for DFM.

Ok, if this is the case, how can I kill the service?

Cisco Employee

Don't know. I'm not sure what this process is. If it's associated to a service, you can use "net stop" on the service name. You might also be able to stop the process using Task Manager.

Hi Joe,

I have stopped the service but it seems like all devices are still in learning state.

Error I have posted in my first post still remained there. Any comments?

Thanks and Regards,

Yi Shyuan

Cisco Employee

Did you restart CiscoWorks Daemon Manager? At what percentage are the devices in the learning phase? What does the new netstat -a -n -o -b output look like? What does the pdshow look like?

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the advise. Had solved the prob!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content