Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS3.2 DFM: Devices in Questioned state

Wassim Aouadi
Level 4
Level 4

Hi networkers,

We get a lot of devices that appear frequently in the Questioned state. Is there a way to troubleshoot them or th get additional info?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

There is a state deeper in the tree that says why it is questioned. SNMP-timeout bad credentials, unknown  etc.

A part from cranking up the timeout and retries there is not much you can do. Install latest packages and bugfixes for DFM.

Cheers,

Michel

Atleast be in DFM 3.2.1 (By Applying LMS 3.2.1) or install patch for CSCta56151. As Michel said the issue can be genuine as well, you can check the state in rediscover device on right side if the device is snmp timeout, not supported or something else.

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

I checked the Download Software page and found that DFM3.2.0 is the latest, unless I made a mistake of course.

Can you provide me with the ink where I can download DFM3.2.1? I tried to install the last released patch CSCtj57268 but LMS says it is for another DFM version.

C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin>perl c:\CSCtj57268-1.0\CSCtj57268-1.0.pl

The patch is getting installed.....

This Point Patch is not intended for this version of dfm.

If you go ahead and Install this patch some functionality of

dfm might malfunction.Please confirm with TAC before applying the patch.

Do you wish to continue (Y/N) [Y] :N

C:\Program Files (x86)\CSCOpx\bin>

Thanks

This patch seems to be for DFM 3.2. Can you re-download and try to check. DFM 3.2.1 is part of LMS 3.2 Service Pack1 (aka LMS 3.2.1). You should be able to download LMS 3.2.1 from LMS 3.2 > CS > software update, else it is available in cisco.com :

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282635181&flowid=16561&softwareid=280775102&os=Windows&release=3.2.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: