Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS3.2 Proxy error

janasj626
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to download software updates and I get an error in the psu.log which I am not able to fix.

I have internet access with ISA client installed on the server.

[ Sun Feb 14 22:45:25 CET 2010 ] FATAL  [SwUpdateAction : selectAllUpdates]  : IOException while trying to connect to Cisco.com.
java.io.IOException: cco.cisco.com
at com.cisco.nm.cmf.security.CCO.isValidCCOAccount(CCO.java:284)
at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.ui.gui.model.action.SwUpdateAction.selectAllUpdates(SwUpdateAction.java:1136)
at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.ui.gui.model.action.SwUpdateAction.perform(SwUpdateAction.java:276)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform(ActionServlet.java:1786)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1585)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:509)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at com.cisco.nm.cmf.util.AccessLogFilter.doFilter(AccessLogFilter.java:100)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:199)
at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:754)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:684)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:876)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
[ Sun Feb 14 22:45:26 CET 2010 ] INFO   [SecurityHandler : getCSProxyHost]  : No proxy Host configured

Any idea how to fix this?

CS is 3.2.0

Regards,

Jana

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe the ISA web proxy client uses NTLM authentication which is not supported by LMS.  Your proxy must be capable of no authentication or Basic authentication for LMS to be able to use it.  Confirm your proxy settings are correct under Common Services > Server > Security > Proxy Server Settings, and verify the proxy is using either no authentication or Basic authentication.

Dear Joe,

Proxy setting in the Server-->Security--> Proxy Server settings is correct. From the same server using internet explorer I am able to go to the Cisco site using same proxy settings.

I also performed additional action.

Installed ISA firewall client, which removes the need for proxy configuration and user authentication. Even after this, I am getting the same error message related to java.io....

To me looks like this is something to do with java update or LMS patch.

correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Jana

If you're now using a transparent proxy, start a sniffer trace filtering on all TCP traffic between www.cisco.com (and cco.cisco.com) and the LMS server.  Then perform the software update job.  When it fails, post the sniffer trace file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: