cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS3.2 :Why did I recieve an error msg: Insufficient no. of interactive responses(or timeout) for command

Paul Marie Palm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm deploying ssh v2 using RME netconfig, LMS 3.2.  It failed in some devices with this message error:

Deploy command partially failed Primary Login Succeeded / Primary Enable Succeeded Insufficient no. of interactive responses(or timeout) for command: crypto key generate rsa .

Despite this message I am able to log into ssh devices with are failed. I check the ssh configuration (in cli) in those devices and I'm supprise to see that the ssh config is correctly deployed. So why did I receive an error message in Netconfig job details ?

Regards,

3 Replies 3

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

For the devices that are failing, just increase the timeout values from RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices > Edit Device Attributes.  Normally the default is 36 so try doubling it to 72 seconds.

Hi Nael,

In my case the timeout is due to the long length RSA key (2048). The  catalyst 3560 take arround 5 minutes to generate the key. I think that LMS loses the connexion to the device at this moment. Even if I change telnet timeout for 1 hour, the probleme remain the same. But when I change the RSA key length for 1024 there is no fail. What do you think about it ?

Regards,

On your netconfig job add the following line:

crypto key generate rsayes2048 

And let us know the results.