I finally have LMS setup the way I want and the boys I work with wanted to see the device names rather than just IP. I setup a hosts file on the server and started a discovery. I thought that the names would be replaced but instead it discovered all the devices and did not replace them but listed them as aliases. Anyone know how to get round this quickly???
Also, all devices in DFM have gone to a questioned state. I have tried a rediscovery but that has not worked.
The discovery problem you're seeing is most likely CSCsm66330. The workaround at this point is to resolve/remove the aliased devices.
The question state problem with DFM could be related to CSCsi01966. In this case, the devices will appear in the Other category with an internal error. If you are seeing that, the only workaround has been to install DFM on its own server. But even that is not a guarantee. The bug is still under investigation.
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3.
16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted
towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are
looking for early feedback from customers befor...
Introduction Featured Speakers Luis Espejel is the Telecommunications
Manager of IENova, an Oil & Gas company. Currently he works with Cisco
IOS® and Cisco IOS XE platforms, and NX to some extent. He has also
worked as a Senior Engineer with the Routing P...
In this session you can learn more about Layer 3 multicast and the best
practices to identify possible threats and take security measures. It
provides an overview of basic multicast, the best security practices for
use of this technology, and recommendati...