Helpful
Replies

LMS4.01 Archice mgt : Partially successful

mmisonne
Level 2
Level 2

Hello

I know it is a common pb with LMS.

I looked to previous discussion about this pb and I did not find the solution.

I tried to do the command in cli : copy flash:vlan.dat tftp://ip-server/vlan.dat.

With the cli command, the vlan.dat is copied onto the tftpboot directory.

Why doesn't it work with LMS ?

Here is the detail :

*** Device Details for 172.20.255.3 ***

Protocol ==> SSH

Selected Protocols with order ==> SSH,TFTP,Telnet

Execution Result:

RUNNING

Primary Login Succeeded

/ Primary Enable Succeeded

CM0061 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS for 172.20.255.3, no change in configuration.

VLAN

CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for 172.20.255.3 Cause: Command failed

VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP.

TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 172.20.255.3 - Cause: Connection refused.

Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed.

Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required. *** Device Details for 172.20.255.3 ***
Protocol ==> SSH
Selected Protocols with order ==> SSH,TFTP,Telnet
Execution Result:
RUNNING
Primary Login Succeeded
/ Primary Enable Succeeded
CM0061 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS for 172.20.255.3, no change in configuration.
VLAN
CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for 172.20.255.3 Cause: Command failed
VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP.
TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 172.20.255.3 - Cause: Connection refused.
Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed.
Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.

Regards

Michel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try setting the nat ip address from here:

Admin > Collection Settings > Inventory > Inventory/Config Timeout and Retry Settings

Verify that CWCS tftp services is up and running from the "Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services".

Also check the Windows application logs from the event viewer for any errors for CRMtftp service.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

I think both Running and Startup Config are set using SNMP to do a TFTP upload.

I seems it is not to be possible to do this with vlan.dat. For that it needs TELNET or SSH cli access.

Cheers,

Michel

HI

When you say that  it  uses snmp instead of ssh to do tftp upload , how do you configure it ?

I checked SNMP(V3) and SSH credential. They are OK

The pb is that TFTP and SCP is not working with LMS for all applications.( I tried that leaving only TFTP or SCP in the archive fetch protocol allowed)

I cannot fetch any vlan.dat or config with tftp or scp protocole.

The only protocole that is working is SSH.

However, I can manually with cli command on the switches do Tftp or Scp tranfert to the LMS.

So it is not a firewall pb.

Whe doesn'it work when LMS is doing his archive job ?

All the process are running normally.

This problem appears after an upgrade from 3.2 to 4.01.

Before , with 3.2, lms could fetch vlan.dat.

Any idea ?

Michel Misonne

Try setting the nat ip address from here:

Admin > Collection Settings > Inventory > Inventory/Config Timeout and Retry Settings

Verify that CWCS tftp services is up and running from the "Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services".

Also check the Windows application logs from the event viewer for any errors for CRMtftp service.

Hello

After setting a natted Ip adresse in

I can now fetch Vlan.dat.

Config Archive  is now "successful" for most of the device!  Before, it was "failed" for all devices.

This is maybe because the LMS serveur has 2 ethernet interfaces

One for admin access and one for device pooling .

Michel

Not sure what I was thinking last night.....  Time to take a break of a few days for christmas....

I know for TFTP LMS uses the config mib to set the TFTP server IP address, so it needs write acccess to do that but that is not relevant for the vlan.dat since we can't get it via TFTP.

Looking at the message it appears to try:

• first   SSH          command failed
  • next  TFTP        not supported
  • then  TELNET   failed to connect

The "command failed" is the problem here but I have no idea what could be wrong.

You best set the log levels to debug  under: Admin > System > Debug Settings > Config and Image Management Debugging settings, for the ArchiveMgmt services.

Then in the job directory the logs and the dcmaservice.log and ConfigMgmtServer.log should help to get to the bottom of this.

You may want to run logrot_trunc.exe on the later 2 files before you run the job

Cheers,

Michel

Hi

Here is Dcmaservice.log with debugging.

(The ConfigMgmtServer.log  is empty.)

There are 2 versions of this file, because we change a parameter, which seems to solve the pb:

We add a  "natted Ip adresse" in 

Note :the LMS has 2 interfaces.

See log Dcmaservice_old.log before the modification and Dcmaservice.log after the modification.

Michel Misonne

And you just added the IP of the "polling" interface into the "natted IP address" field?

Cool

Michel

Absolutely Yes..

Before  it was set to "Default not Defined"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: