cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS4.1 and FWSM 4.0.4

ddumolt
Level 1
Level 1

Will LMS pull ip information from virtual firewall on fwsm module? I have set both using snmp version 1 as the fwsm will not do snmp v3. When I mean both I am referring to the Cisco 3750g stack that houses all the end-user workstations that sets behind the virtual firewall. I get all ports and Mac addresses but no ip correlation.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

3 Replies 3

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

LMS usertracking will not get the IP ARP table from the firewall.

Under  Admin > Collection Settings > User Tracking > Table Import you can import a table into usertracking from a text file.

headers: MAC Address, User Name, Notes.

Maybe this suits your needs.

Cheers,

Michel

Will I also be able to add the ip address information? Once imported will it merge data from import and the switch discovery? Basically what I was hoping for means I have the switch with all the mac addresses in discovery, will it combine my imported ip address to the corresponding porton in switch my comparing mac addresses? Then I would have the imported ip address tied to a specific port on switch.

Thanks

No, that is not possible.

I've been looking if there was a way to add an ARP table somewhere, but I can't see any way to do this.

The only "solution" I think, is to have the switch vlan interface as the default gateway for the devices. The switch should then have a default route to the FWSM. Mayb this suits your needs,

Cheers,

Michel