Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS4.1 and FWSM 4.0.4

Will LMS pull ip information from virtual firewall on fwsm module? I have set both using snmp version 1 as the fwsm will not do snmp v3. When I mean both I am referring to the Cisco 3750g stack that houses all the end-user workstations that sets behind the virtual firewall. I get all ports and Mac addresses but no ip correlation.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

3 REPLIES

LMS4.1 and FWSM 4.0.4

LMS usertracking will not get the IP ARP table from the firewall.

Under  Admin > Collection Settings > User Tracking > Table Import you can import a table into usertracking from a text file.

headers: MAC Address, User Name, Notes.

Maybe this suits your needs.

Cheers,

Michel

LMS4.1 and FWSM 4.0.4

Will I also be able to add the ip address information? Once imported will it merge data from import and the switch discovery? Basically what I was hoping for means I have the switch with all the mac addresses in discovery, will it combine my imported ip address to the corresponding porton in switch my comparing mac addresses? Then I would have the imported ip address tied to a specific port on switch.

Thanks

LMS4.1 and FWSM 4.0.4

No, that is not possible.

I've been looking if there was a way to add an ARP table somewhere, but I can't see any way to do this.

The only "solution" I think, is to have the switch vlan interface as the default gateway for the devices. The switch should then have a default route to the FWSM. Mayb this suits your needs,

Cheers,

Michel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content