cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS4.1 user tracking not sortable

ciscomgr
Level 1
Level 1

in LMS 4.1, under Monitor->Identity Dashboard, i have "user tracking summary" as a portlet, which tells me i have ~ 17,000 users.  when i click the report, it pops up a screen that shows mac address, ip address, hostname, subnet, etc.

If i try to do ANY filtering, it returns 0 records.  this could be from a specific IP, mac address, device name, or subnet.  i have tried every type of record.  every filter i attempt always ends with 0 records returned, even though in the unfiltered list they show up.  It would be problematic to manually sort through 17,000 users looking for the particular records i need without the ability to use the filter.

can anyone provide an example of how to filter the User Tracking report? is there some feature in LMS i don't own or have enabled to allow this filtering?

thanks!

3 Replies 3

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

I haven't tried much yet in usertracking on LMS 4.1. Maybe there are some new issues

Have you considered exporting the usertracking data in a CSV file. After that you import it excel and sort in anyway you like

Cheers,

Michel

I can't disagree with your logic, I guess I just assumed such an enterprise solution (that is FAR from cheap) wouldn't require an export of my close to 20,000 records to a .csv in order to do simple sorting.

I will continue to look for a solution within the application, but if worse comes to worse i guess an export could suffice for some of what i'm trying to do.

I rarely try to find anything in a (too) long list.

I just type the mac or IP address in the search field in the top right of the screen and switch it to "end host".

That gives me (just) the info I need.

If I want the list (for someone else) then I export and send an Excel sheet.

Cheers,

Michel