Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

LMS4.1 user tracking not sortable

in LMS 4.1, under Monitor->Identity Dashboard, i have "user tracking summary" as a portlet, which tells me i have ~ 17,000 users.  when i click the report, it pops up a screen that shows mac address, ip address, hostname, subnet, etc.

If i try to do ANY filtering, it returns 0 records.  this could be from a specific IP, mac address, device name, or subnet.  i have tried every type of record.  every filter i attempt always ends with 0 records returned, even though in the unfiltered list they show up.  It would be problematic to manually sort through 17,000 users looking for the particular records i need without the ability to use the filter.

can anyone provide an example of how to filter the User Tracking report? is there some feature in LMS i don't own or have enabled to allow this filtering?

thanks!

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES

I haven't tried much yet in usertracking on LMS 4.1. Maybe there are some new issues

Have you considered exporting the usertracking data in a CSV file. After that you import it excel and sort in anyway you like

Cheers,

Michel

I can't disagree with your logic, I guess I just assumed such an enterprise solution (that is FAR from cheap) wouldn't require an export of my close to 20,000 records to a .csv in order to do simple sorting.

I will continue to look for a solution within the application, but if worse comes to worse i guess an export could suffice for some of what i'm trying to do.

I rarely try to find anything in a (too) long list.

I just type the mac or IP address in the search field in the top right of the screen and switch it to "end host".

That gives me (just) the info I need.

If I want the list (for someone else) then I export and send an Excel sheet.

Cheers,

Michel

Views
Helpful
Replies