Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS4.2.2 Device Group Selector

isaacalves27
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community

I am having a strange issue with our LMS. When I try to create a Threshold under Monitoring > Performance > Threshold Settings and i select a Device Group and then I create I get the following error message:  "The threshold object passed does not have device instances. Select a valid Poller."

I have checked and the Instances are pooled - The template is Device Availability.. I could do this in the past with no issues. I will probably reload the server to see if this issue disappears. 

Is there anyone that could point me in the right direction?

Best regards

Isaac Alves

16 Replies 16

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Isaac,

Seemsto be this BUG:

LMS Threshold Configuration configures wrong groups
CSCtx61255

Workaround:
Create a User Defined Group that contains the same devices and select the User Defined Group instead of a System Defined Group in the Device Group Selector.

Hope it will help

Thanks-
Afroz
***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hello Afroz

Thank you very much for your reply.

1 - I am using a user defined group and have created a poller for that group and poolled all the instances:

Select Data Source > Device Group > User defined Group

Template -> Device Availability

Pooller Preferences -> Poll all Instances

As stated in this doc : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2/user/guide/lms_monitor/lms_mnt/mnt-setup.html

2 .- . After that is possible to see the group in the Threshold Configuration under Device Group Device 

Threshold details:

Threshold Details:

Threshold name - > Desktop Switch Availability

Template name - > Device Availability

Variable name - sysUpTime

As soon as I try to create the new Threshold the error appears. I have created som thresholds like this but now it is giving me this error messages.

I have attached a print screen of the issue. 

Thanks for your help.

Isaac 

Hello again

After I have reloaded the LMS server was possible to create a new group as I wanted. Today I had to create a new one but it was not possible again.

Do you know what service could be responsible for this issue? That way it would be possible to restart the one service and not the deamon.

Best regards

Isaac Alves

Hi ,

Try restarting the UPMDBprocess :

pdterm UPMDbProcess

pdexec UPMDbProcess

If above does not help ,try restarting the LMS services as below:

net stop crmdmgtd

net start crmdmgtd

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hello

We have a software appliance but will restart those services and let you now. 

Kind regards

Isaac

Hello Afroz

We have a LMS 4.2.2 soft appliance

Do you want me to restart these services?

UPMDbEngine           Program started - No mgt msgs received    29164
  UPMDbMonitor          Running normally                          29245

Something else: 

ANIServer             Running with busy flag set                31586

Could this be realated to this issue?

Best regards

Isaac

HI Isaac ,

try restarting  both the below services:

UPMDbEngine

UPMDbMonitor

It has nothing to do with ANIServer ,  ANIserver is resposible Campus manager database.

Thanks-

Afroz

Hej Afroz

I have restarted both services as suggested but now the DB is unavailable altough both processes are runing ok.

Will have to restart serveren...

Best regards

Isaac

Hello once more 

Even after having restarted our LMS a couple of times the issue remains. We do also have other issues with our apopliance : interfaces not being pooled as they should etc.

We are currently running 4.2.2. Would it be a good idea to upgrade to the last release - 4.2.4?

Best regards

Isaac

Hi Isaac,

Upgarding is a good idea.

did you checked if any stale process running after stopping the daemon Manager.

check if any stale process is their ,if yes Manually kill it and strat the Daemon Manager

Thanks-

Afroz

Hello again Afroz

I have opened a TAC and we have decided to upgrade to 4.2.4 because we are being hit by the bug CSCtx57337.

After the upgrade I still have issues:

- The same issues that I described 

- And some services are not starting

The workaround for this bug is to set the property snmp.v2cTov1Fallback to false in NMSROOT/hum/conf/upm_snmp.properties.

Could I have your help on that one?

Best regards

Isaac

Have you already applied the workaround ?

share the output of pdshow

Thanks-

Afroz

Hello Afroz

I will try during this evening /weekend and let you know. Is there anyway to check if there are any services hanging after dmtg stop?

Kind regards

Isaac

aftre stopping the daemon manager

run this cmd : ps -ef | CSCO

check if any stale process is there ,if yes then kill it Manually as below

Kill -9 <PID>

Thanks-

Afroz