Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS4.2 discovery not working

LMS 4.2, W2K8 R2.

I was having an issue with discovery adding devices to with corrupt information (seemingly random strings of characters in several fields).  While I was trying to clean this up a scheduled discovery kicked off and further exacerbated the issues I was having.  Frustrated, I deleted all entries from the discovery schedule until I could get things cleaned up.

Now I want to go back and troubleshoot the discovery process.  Trouble is, I can't get discovery to do anything anymore.  I disabled all modules but CDP.  I added a single seed IP address under the CDP configuration.  This is the address of a 3560V2 switch that is not in DCR.  When I started discovery it completed in about 2 seconds and didn't discover anything, including the seed device.  So I added another 3560V2 as a seed device under global settings.  Same results.  Thinking that it had been working using scheduled discovery, I set up a schedule and kicked it off that way.  Same results.  Finally I added one of these seed devices to DCR and let LMS fully learn about it.  Ran another discovery. Still no joy.

I started an SNMP debug on the seed devices before starting discovery.  I see the SNMP get coming from LMS, the switches respond and the discovery completes with 0 devices discovered.

CSDiscovery.log is no help because it contains no meanigful information.  Only messages about "No appenders could be found for logger" which are no help.

What can I do from here?  Anybody?

Thanks,

-Jeff

Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY

LMS4.2 discovery not working

Standard discovery is working.  It seems that my CDP only custom discovery is the problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content