I was having an issue with discovery adding devices to with corrupt information (seemingly random strings of characters in several fields). While I was trying to clean this up a scheduled discovery kicked off and further exacerbated the issues I was having. Frustrated, I deleted all entries from the discovery schedule until I could get things cleaned up.
Now I want to go back and troubleshoot the discovery process. Trouble is, I can't get discovery to do anything anymore. I disabled all modules but CDP. I added a single seed IP address under the CDP configuration. This is the address of a 3560V2 switch that is not in DCR. When I started discovery it completed in about 2 seconds and didn't discover anything, including the seed device. So I added another 3560V2 as a seed device under global settings. Same results. Thinking that it had been working using scheduled discovery, I set up a schedule and kicked it off that way. Same results. Finally I added one of these seed devices to DCR and let LMS fully learn about it. Ran another discovery. Still no joy.
I started an SNMP debug on the seed devices before starting discovery. I see the SNMP get coming from LMS, the switches respond and the discovery completes with 0 devices discovered.
CSDiscovery.log is no help because it contains no meanigful information. Only messages about "No appenders could be found for logger" which are no help.
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...