Views
Helpful
Replies

lnms topology not loading

mirehteshamali
Level 1
Level 1

hi experts

i am unable to laod topology in my lms , what could be reasons ?

i have successfully installed , provided communtiy stirngs , configured switches but still lms in unable to load topology .

what exaclty i am missing here ? Any guesses

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We'd need some more details to help.

For instance, does Topology load when you are on the server itself? Has it ever worked? What version of LMS? What platform? What happens when you select Topology? etc.

it is first time the server is loading the topology . lms is 4.0 on windows 2008 R2 edition.    i have installed java 7 on it .

i think this version of java is not supported .

can u confirm the same please.

You definitely should not update the Java on the server. When you install LMS it will provide its own Java. The server uses Java very very much and does not react kindly to having that changed.

On the client, the guide indicates that 1.6.0_24 or later is supported but I have seen cases of clients behaving poorly with LMS Topology applet and "Java 7" (1.7). Best results are had if one has NO Java on client and then downloads the pre-packaged distribution from the LMS server. (You should be redirected to a link to that package on your server if you try to launch Topology with no Java on your client.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: