Views
Helpful
Replies

log file size increaserapidly in lms 3.1

nizamismail
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have problem with log file size especially with syslog.log and jrm.log.

Yesterday, I have clear the log file. But today, it has increase exceeding the size limit.

Any advice?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

adery6300
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any messages with a lot of repetitions? For instance in jrm.log ?

The size of the syslog.log will depend on how many machines are sending their logs to your LMS server.

By the way, the "size limit" in LMS in really low (1 meg i think) so don't be too scared. You can configure log rotation for these logs once they reach a certain size : that's what I did. To do that : Common Services - Server - Admin - Log Rotation, it's pretty simple.

Hi adery

Can you advise please where to find the LOG Rotation settings in the LMS GUI interface?

I tried to access the link as you said, but couldnt find anything related to LOG Rotation

Thanks

Regards,

Hello,

Judging by the looks of the screenshot, you seem to have an older version of LMS (ie: older than 3.1, which is the oldest I've dealt with). Log rotation is at the same place in the LMS 3.2 gui.

Maybe the option wasn't there in your particular version, or somewhere else in the GUI.

Start another thread, and specify the version of Ciscoworks LMS you have, and somebody might be able to help.

Good luck.

A.

Hi

Thanks for your reply

I have one more question:

If i configure the Logrot using the command line, it works as long as I apply the "perl logrot,pl" manually,

It is not working automatically, although in the logrot settinsgs, i specified that the size of my sylog file.

Can you advise please how to configure the logrot to work automatically whenever the syslog (or whatever file specified in the it's settings) reached the specified Size???

Regards,

Hello,

sorry I can't help you with that, I don't know that part really well. As I said in my previous reply, you should open another thread with your particular question, and state your version of LMS, patches, operating system, and somebody should be able to help you.

Thanks,

A.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco