Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for bandwidth monitoring tool

skrao_mandalapu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have internet connectivity through proxy server. I am looking for bandwidth monitoring tool which facilitates to disconnect user downloads for specified time period. Say I have video conferencing  right now. During that time period I wanted to suspend/terminate user downloads.

Regards

Siva K

1 Reply 1

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Siva

Do you need access restrictions based on specific time-periods on a regular basis , or are the video conferencing requests adhoc ? If it is adhoc, then you cant do much with ACL's... If it is time based on specific days, you can implement time based ACL's and restrict bandwidth to an extent.. Eitherways, if you have QOS configured with Custom based classifiers, you can prioritize video, and give it a bandwidth cap, when the traffic is on... You can look at various qos strategies to have this in place... bandwidth management tools adds additional active devices on network, and can do this for you , but you have to justify why you need that on your network.

Hope this helps.. all the best

Raj    

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: