cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Major hazard with /etc/rc2.d/K90dmgtd on Solaris 8

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This similar issue has happened twice now. The basic problem is LMS 2.6's "dmgtd stop" fails to stop all procs before shutting itself down. So it leaves a trail of procs in CLOSE_WAIT that never time out, even after I tried adjusting on-the-fly with "/usr/sbin/ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_time_wait_interval 60000". "/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbstop.pl all" does no good.

So eventually I tried to turn to /etc/rc2.d/K90dmgtd. Last time I tried it (unsure whether I used the stop or kill option), it killed both of my SSH sessions, sshd/telnetd/inetd, the EMC storage manager daemon, but left the box pingable. Tonight, thinking it was a coincidence last time, I tried it again, given the CLOSE_WAITs above. This time ./K90dmgtd stop

returned "Daemon Management is not running." Then as soon as I issued "./K90dmgtd kill", I got "INFO: Terminating all the processes launched by dmgr", followed by immediate termination of that particular SSH session. My 2nd SSH session remains alive. No new telnet/ssh connection is accepted however. I imagine I'd have to reboot the server again.

18 Replies 18

Looks like you're missing two files from the end of /etc/rc.config.d/CiscoRMCtrl:

PX_SYS_CHECK=1

export PX_SYS_CHECK

Thanks! I wasn't aware of /etc/rc.config.d/CiscoRMCtrl until now.

Hi - You mention LMS 3.0 -- is there even a rough schedule for release on this (so I can budget it).

Thanks!

It will begin shipping in early June of this year.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: