Views
Helpful
Replies

Manage Multi ISP on CMTS

sonnys
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running a Cable Plant with a ubr10012 CMTS with one ISp with DHCP, and the second was statix with policy in cablemodem config file. I will add a new ISP on my network in Dynamic addressing. How I can manage this ? if i authorize his cable modem, how I can tell him which dhcp pool to go ?

Maybe some Cisco software do that ? I dont know.

I'm using Cisco Network Registrar v5.5.10 for DHCP cable modem and Customer PC's.

thanks

Sonny

1 Reply 1

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

When configuring the dhcp pools, it is important to include the command cable dhcp-giaddr policy in the cable interface configuration. This command has the effect of directing the DHCP server to assign leases to cable modems corresponding to the primary network number on the cable interface and leases to CPE corresponding to the secondary network number on the cable interface. If this command is missing then all DHCP leases will come from the pool corresponding to the primary network number on the cable interface.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/109/all_in_one_config.html#dhcp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: