cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Management Station to Device SSH failed in LMS 2.6

santipongv
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded IOS on Catalyst 2960 to support SSH v2. I ran "Management Station to Device" for SSH from the Device Center and it failed. From packet capture, it shows "Server Protocol: SSH-2-Cisco1.25". Does this mean that SSH within CiscoWorks LMS 2.6 only support SSH v1? How can I resolve this problem? Thank you in advance.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I filed a bug against Management Station Device for SSH. The timeout specified is being treated as milliseconds instead of seconds. Try multiplying your timeout by 1000, and see if it works.

Where can I change my timeout settings?

Ah, looks like the timeout was added in LMS 3.0. The code in LMS uses a static timeout. However, looking at the code, SSHv2 is explicitly not supported in LMS 2.6. The code looks to see that the device replies with SSH-1.5 or SSH-1.99. If the device replies with pure SSHv2 (i.e. SSH-2.0), then the code throws an unsupported version error.

In any event, a better way to test connectivity in any version of LMS is to use RME's Device Credential Verification feature. Go to RME > Devices > Device Management > Device Credential Verification Jobs, and create a new job to test SSH. RME does support SSHv2.

Is there any patch or update for 2.6 to support CW 2.6?

sorry are there any patches or updates for 2.6 to support sshv2.

Please start a new thread for this question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: