cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mass DisplayName update in DCR

wilfred malana
Level 1
Level 1

I exported my device list from CM which included DisplayName and IP. I then manually updated the DisplayNames on the CSV file. Can I use this CSV file to update the DisplayNames on DCR? If I import that list will it overwrite or update the DisplayName field or will I end up with duplicate devices?

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If all you change is the display name, and you have other fields populated such as IP address and hostname, then the display name will be updated in DCR provided you select the import option, "Use Data from Import Source."

Thanks.

I get invalid format error.

My file format is

So, I tried exporting from DCR to check the right format but I do no see a DisplayName column...

The display name column is called display_name. Be sure that you preserve the header when re-importing the file, or you will get the format error. You also need to make sure the HEADER line field list lines up with the field values in your data set.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco