Views
Helpful
Replies

Max concurrent users

dlongworth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I understand that the maximum concurret users on LMS is 20 but I was wondering if this can be tweaked a little if only RME is installed or in a Master/Slave environment?

Cheers

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As I said, be careful when it comes to configuration operations. The database connection pool may bite you. You might have to up this value in regdaemon.xml if users encounter frequent browser hangs when trying to view configs. Other than that, you should be okay with 30+ given these specs.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no hard limit to the number of concurrent users. It is recommended that no more than 20 log in at any given time. If you have the resources on the server, then more than 20 users can be logged in at one time. Note: there are internal resource limits when it comes to things like database connections. You might run in to problems if more than 20 users try to schedule a config sync job at the same time (for example).

Thanks for that.

Not being all that crash-hot on the server side myself, could you tell me what specific server resources to look out for?

Cheers

David

Memory and CPU cycles. A logged in user is only going to take up a few KB of RAM. However, a logged in user looking at near-realtime stats in CiscoView is going to take up quite a few CPU cycles as well. In other words, it all depends on what these users are going to be doing, how many devices the server is managing, and what other applications are running on this server.

If users will primarily be running reports in RME, and RME is the only CiscoWorks app on the server, you should be able to fit quite a few concurrent users even under the minimum CPU and memory requirements for LMS.

Thanks.

Not sure just yet of exact specs of server but I know the customer is planning to hot it up; dual-cpus, ~5GB RAM and it's only got RME for configs and reports (syslog on another server). So I think I should be able to get at least 30+.

Cheers.

As I said, be careful when it comes to configuration operations. The database connection pool may bite you. You might have to up this value in regdaemon.xml if users encounter frequent browser hangs when trying to view configs. Other than that, you should be okay with 30+ given these specs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: