cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mgnt IP address for SUP V

alonzo-garza
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, the SUP V running IOS is confusing me. I will not be using VLAN 1 for the mght IP address. I will be using VLAN 55. Vlan 55 is not currently up and running yet so I don't anticipate putting a mgnt ip address on int vlan 55 until I get this switch on the vtp domain. Is there another virtual interface I should be using for the mgnt ip address?

Thanks,

-Zo

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

With regards to the management vlan as 55 have you already enabled that vlan in the box ? if not can you make it and check whether its coming up.

you can check up using show vlan command and if the interface is still not coming up then would suggest to add up vlan 55 in ur trunk interface which is up and running that may do the trick.

regds

Yes I have added the vlan manually prior to actually plugging it in the the 'production' vlan trunks. This is probably why the interface still shows 'down' state. I'll have to plug it in next week when I get back from vacation.

-regards

-Zo

hi

Pls do plugin and lets know about the status of the same..

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: