Views
Helpful
Replies

MIB for ACS

netone.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have a NAME: CSACS-1121-K9   Version : 5.3.0.40, and we would like to have the MIBs to manage.

Someone can help me to find?

8 Replies 8

Ganesh Kondaveeti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Cisco Secure ACS 5.3 supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) to provide logging services. The SNMP agent provides read-only SNMP v1 and SNMP v2c support. The supported MIBs include:

•SNMPv2-MIB

•RFC1213-MIB (MIB II)

•IF-MIB

•IP-MIB

•TCP-MIB

•UDP-MIB

•CISCO-CDP-MIB

•ENTITY-MIB

The SNMP agent is configurable on the Collection Filters page in the Monitoring and Report Viewer.

Regards

K. Lakshmi Ganesh

Hello Ganesh,

When it comes to SACS-1121 is a Cisco ACS server. Is there anything on it we want to monitor other than up/down pings?

Thank you

Hi Mahmoud,

Here it is important to understand that what are your business requirements (like what is that you want to monitor).

Once you are able to decide that you want to monitor some particular parameters then you need to see if that is supported as per the note which i have provided to you earlier.

//Quote

Cisco Secure ACS 5.3 supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) to provide logging services. The SNMP agent provides read-only SNMP v1 and SNMP v2c support. The supported MIBs include:

•SNMPv2-MIB

•RFC1213-MIB (MIB II)

•IF-MIB

•IP-MIB

•TCP-MIB

•UDP-MIB

•CISCO-CDP-MIB

•ENTITY-MIB

The SNMP agent is configurable on the Collection Filters page in the Monitoring and Report Viewer.

//Unquote

Regards

K. Lakshmi Ganesh

Thank you very much.

Our  ACS server is going to be part of the exchange ,and it would be a good Idea to monitor the disk space , CPU utilization and syslog file.

Do you know what would be the associated mibs for the above suggestions ?

Hi Mahmoud,

-Host Resources MIB (RFC 1514/2790).

Please refer to the RFCs noted.

You may find the definitions for Host Resources MIB in the RFCs mentioned.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1514

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2790

Some of the useful MIBs under those which i can think of are like hrSWRunPerfTable (The table of running software performance metrics),  hrProcessorLoad (The average, over the last minute, of the percentage of time that this processor was not idle),  hrDiskStorageTable (For Disk).

MIBs as below referring to both the RFCs.

HOST-RESOURCES-MIB, HOST-RESOURCES-TYPES

Regards

K. Lakshmi Ganesh

How about the syslog for the ACS? how do you go about monitoring it  ?

Ganesh alerted me about this post, can you please elaborate on what what would you want to monitor about the syslogs ? Is it about wheather the syslog service is running or syslogs are being sent to the syslog server or the size of the syslogs etc ?

I would say several customers are using custom scripts to determine the size of the syslog file if its incrementing or not to determine an alert to be sent to their monitoring stations. This enables two functionalities:

1. Syslog is working or not.

2. Size of the syslogs.

I do not have the scripts myself, however you can try searching the net for the same. Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: