cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MIB for CPU usage on catalyst 2970

ghenaprocop
Level 1
Level 1

Do anyone know the MIB for SNMP collection CPU usage for Switch 2970 (WS-C2970G-24TS-E)? Also need the MIB for memory usage.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try these:

CPU: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.6 (The overall CPU busy percentage in the last 5 second

period.)

For the memory OIDs, open up the links I gave you, then click on the appropriate variables which will open up a window with the required OIDs.

Pls rememeber to rate posts.

Paresh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ghenaprocop
Level 1
Level 1

Any ideas? May be I have to download them?

Have you tried the CISCO-PROCESS-MIB ?

Here's a link to it:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&submitClicked=true&mibName=CISCO-PROCESS-MIB#dependencies

You can get stats on memory usage from the CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&submitClicked=true&mibName=CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB#dependencies

Both are supposed to be supported on the 2970G.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

But I do not find the specified OID. I need to collect via SNMP the CPU and memory load. For that I use MRTG, in mrtg config file I have to specify the OID for CPU usage and memory usage.

So, I need the OID for CPU and memory. On these links there are no OIDs.

An OID is composed from numbers, something like 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.4.1.23.0. So I need these numbers for cpu and memory.

Thanks for helping me.

Try these:

CPU: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.6 (The overall CPU busy percentage in the last 5 second

period.)

For the memory OIDs, open up the links I gave you, then click on the appropriate variables which will open up a window with the required OIDs.

Pls rememeber to rate posts.

Paresh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: