cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MIB for Monitoring Trunk Links on 3750 Switches 12.2(25)SEE1

yuchenglai
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know which Cisco MIB can allow What's Up Pro to monitor trunk link status on 3750 switches running 12.2(25)SEE1 images?

18 Replies 18

Yes, syslog is a real possibility. However, DFM does not do anything with syslog messages. RME can process the syslog messages, and turn them into emails.

I did find a new MIB that will work on the 3750 provided you are running 12.2(37)SE or later. The MIB is the CISCO-ERR-DISABLE-MIB, and the object is cErrDisableIfStatusTable. Only ports that are in an err-disable status will appear in this table.

The 2 above solutions would are good solutions. There is, however, one lingering question, and that is even though I did a shut/no shut on a trunk link to bring it from its err-disable state to the trunk state, the results of an snmp "get" on the object and variable id is still down.

ifOperStatus.11102 = INTEGER: down(2)

I expected the value to be up(1), but it remained down(2) even after I brought the interface back up to a trunk state from its previous err-disable state. What reason exists for this?

What does the CLI say? Maybe the interface is still down for some other reason.

Joe,

My mistake, I looked at the wrong variable ID.

The ifOperStatus of ports did change when I brought up the trunk link from its previously disabled state.