cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MIB for VLAN bridge forwarding table?

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

Can anyone tell me which MIB I can use to examine the VLAN bridge forwarding tables in a Cat 4003 running CatOS 8.4(5) GLX? I would normally use Q-BRIDGE-MIB, but it does not seem to be supported in the CatOS.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

1 Accepted Solution
6 Replies 6

mnewnam01
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have already been through the IOS MIB locator tool and its CatOS companion, as well as searching for likely strings in the SNMP Object Navigator. But so far I have had not luck. When I found Q-BRIDGE-MIB I thought I had hit the jackpot, but it turns out that CatoS does not support it (crazy as that sounds).

The problem with these tools is seeing the wood for the trees. Maybe the VLAN bridge incformation is there, but I simply cannot find it for looking too hard. Does anyone know exactly where to look?

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

Anyone?

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

Anyone?

Paul,

Thank you, that is exactly what I needed. The missing part of the jigsaw was adding the VLAN to the Community string to read the CAM table for a particular VLAN. I was using (say) the community string MyString, and I could only read the CAM table for VLAN 1. If I change the Community string to MyString@225, even on the Transparent bridge object in my NMS, then it reads the CAM table for VLAN 225 instead. Exactly what I needed.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg