Views
Helpful
Replies

Mib variable ifStackLastChange grows

b.hofmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are using Spectrum for monitoring, and have the problem, that spectrum ask every 5 minutes 3 mib variable from the devices.

These are ifStackLastChange, ifTableLastChange and ifNumber. When some value is changed, the devices will complete rediscovered. We have now installed some new C4506E with the software cat4500e-ENTERPRICESK9-M and on this devices the values ifTableLastChange and ifStackLastChange are growing slowly every 1 or 2 minutes the value grows for 1, therefore this devices will new discovered every 5 minutes. On other switches this value is 0. Nothing is changed on the switch, therefore is it possible to configure something on the switch, or is this a bug in the software?

Can you give me some ideas?

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like a bug, but there may be changes going on of which you are not aware (e.g. if MPLS TE is configured on this switch). I couldn't find a bug that would explain what you are seeing, so if you cannot find anything suspect in the show interface output, I recommend you open a TAC service request.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: