Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft NLB and Nexus 5010

We have a brand new VmWare Server connected to a Nexus 5010 (system version 4.2(1)).

On VmWare we have a VM configured in microsoft multicast NLB Cluster over Vlan 130.

The Vlan 130 have the routing istance on a Catalyst 6509 and, the Nexus, is directly connected to 6509.

So, the network is: 

6509 (routing istance of vlan 130) ---> Nexus (layer 2 of vlan 130) ---> VmWare machine (port channel 1, including vlan 130).

If I start the VM we have issue regarding NLB and the error on Nexus:

%STP-2-DISPUTE_DETECTED: Dispute detected on port port-channel1 on VLAN0130.

%STP-2-DISPUTE_CLEARED: Dispute resolved for port port-channel1 on VLAN0130

I Know that I must create static arp entries, but I can't do this on Nexus because is only L2.

If I create the static arp on the routing istance of vlan 130 in the 6509, may I have other issues?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

MS themselves do NOT recommend using the MS-based NLB solution.  MS even published an official documentation recommending using third-party NLB instead of MS NLB.

Read this document:  Microsoft Unified Communications Load Balancer Deployment

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

MS themselves do NOT recommend using the MS-based NLB solution.  MS even published an official documentation recommending using third-party NLB instead of MS NLB.

Read this document:  Microsoft Unified Communications Load Balancer Deployment

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thank you for taking the time to rate our posts.  laugh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: