cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating data from 2.2 to 2.5

pcuervo123
Level 1
Level 1

I want to migrate RME data from LMS2.2 to 2.5 running in a different Solaris 9 server. However in the backup there are 3 folders (cmf, dmf, rme). The migration script as far as I understood it doesn't ditinguish beetween data from CS, CM or RME.

I don't want to overwrite my current Campus Manager database since I have collected again the information. If I run the migration script, will my current CM database be lost?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Data migration from 2.2 to 2.5 will replace data from ALL installed applications. There is no way to do a selective migration. Therefore, when you do the backup from 2.2, and move the backup directory over to the 2.5 server, the restorebackup.pl script will overwrite all your data including your CM data.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Data migration from 2.2 to 2.5 will replace data from ALL installed applications. There is no way to do a selective migration. Therefore, when you do the backup from 2.2, and move the backup directory over to the 2.5 server, the restorebackup.pl script will overwrite all your data including your CM data.

May you point me to some reference stating which data related to CM and CS will be overwritten?

Here is the link to the data migration guide:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_b/lms/lms26/dmg/index.htm

Basically, the databases themselves will be overwritten, so the current LMS 2.5 topology and device data will be replaced with the information from the LMS 2.2 backup. So you are looking at a complete replacement of all data.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: