cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

migrating to LMS3.0

ngholmieh
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have LMS2.5.1 running in production.

Is it possible to upgrade from 2.5.1 to 3.0?

If not, and if i do a clean install of LMS3.0, is it possible to restore data from LMS2.5.1 to the new platform?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It will be possible to upgrade your data from LMS 2.5.1 to LMS 3.0. This can be done in place (i.e. just install LMS 3.0 over LMS 2.5.1) or via a remote migration (i.e. restore an LMS 2.5.1 backup into 3.0). However, there are no upgrade SKUs for LMS 3.0. Everyone must buy a new license.

Is it possible to download and test LMS3.0 before purchasing the license?

It seems I cannot find it in the "Download software" tool, under LMS.

No, this is not possible. There is an eval that you can get from your sales team, however.

Well, the no upgrade path for LMS 3.0 didn't fly too well I guess - that was no surprise. Upgrade pricing from LMS 2.5 & 2.6 has now been published.

Yep, there is a 90 day promo now in effect (until October 31) that offers LMS 3.0 to existing 2.5, 2.5.1, or 2.6 customers at 40% off the US list price.

Hi Joe

would it be possible for you to lookup which person I need to contact in for a demo copy of LMS 3.0 in South africa, Johannesburg?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: