Views
Helpful
Replies

migration from 3750g to 4500

parthimani
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i finished CCNA and working as an network engg L1, in my company we are planned to migrate cisco 3750g to 4500 switch they asked me to plan for this if you intrested, and am having many doubts because those two switches are different models if anybody having exp in this scenario means please share your plan how to do this migration

7 Replies 7

Isak Labuscagne
Level 1
Level 1

What are the port capacity on both 3700 series and 4500 series? 

Will it be a 4503, 4506, 4507?

How many users will be connecting?

it is an 4503 switch with nearly 148 port and current 3750g switch has 96 ports with 83 ports active, and my company is ISP so users will not been connected directly there will be combination of services going to connect on it that might be many servers like things. iam confused of moving the configuration without the downtime

You will have to redo some of the config for the 4503.  You'll have alot of layer 2 and 3 capabilities to use.  Have you tried simulating the migration with GNS or will you be setting up a lab with the new switch?

still didnt tried on GNS, without knowing how to move these diff types of configs on diff devices iam asking that only yaar!!!

Export the config and edit in text file.

change/edit cli port-config to enable functions on 4500.

It's the easiest to have a config.txt file and the just copy and paste the range of commands at a time.

TEST IN LAB ENVIRONMENT FIRST.

ok let me try first!!! thanks for reply will revert soon!!!

If you are migrating from a version of the Cisco Wireless Controller System (WCS) to the Cisco Prime Network Control System, perform the following steps to export data from the Cisco Wireless Controller System (WCS).

Step 1 Stop the existing WCS.

Step 2 Execute the cd command to the bin directory.

Step 3 Run the export using one of the following commands, depending on your operating system. Provide the path and export file name as prompted.
Or .you can use third party software for file migration..i use gs richcopy 360 for all my migration need, as it has features like copying long file path names, copying NTFS file permissions and is not too costly