Views
Helpful
Replies

MIni-Rmon Traffic History

londint
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Please gow do I get previous dates history on the traffic history?. It only displays that for the day.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CiscoView does not have a backend database, so the amount of history is contingent on the number of configured buckets on the device and your sampling interval. Since each bucket is carved out of switch memory, you do not have an infinite amount at your disposal. Therefore, a larger sampling interval will be needed to get large history.

For example, if I configure 500 buckets with a sample interval of 1800 seconds (30 minutes), I can have history going back almost 10.5 days.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CiscoView does not have a backend database, so the amount of history is contingent on the number of configured buckets on the device and your sampling interval. Since each bucket is carved out of switch memory, you do not have an infinite amount at your disposal. Therefore, a larger sampling interval will be needed to get large history.

For example, if I configure 500 buckets with a sample interval of 1800 seconds (30 minutes), I can have history going back almost 10.5 days.

Thank you very much. Now I unserstand what the bucket is meant for. Thanks