Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MinorAlarm 's in DFM are not Clearing

Hi,

I am running LMS version 2.5.1 with all of the .4 patches (CS 3.0.4, CM 4.0.4, DFM 2.0.4, RME 4.0.4)

I am getting the following alarm within DFM:

Event_Description: MinorAlarm

Component: switch1: Authentication Failure

This is fine as I want to know when invalid credentials are being used.

However the alarms never clear so I've got an alert list over over 150 devices with active alerts. The "Last Change" date and time for most of these alerts is around 14-Jun-2006 14:38:14 (caused by an incorrect LMS configuration which was corrected at that time). I cannot see how to acknowledge these alarms and clear them.

I've tried:

- Acknowledging the alerts

- Deleting the devices - waiting for the alerts to clear before re-sync'ing with DCR

- Restarting the LMS Services

- Restarting the physical LMS Server

Any suggestions / thoughts on where to go from here would be gratfully accepted.

Thanks,

Sam

1 REPLY

Re: MinorAlarm 's in DFM are not Clearing

Seems to be a common bug in DFM 4. I resolved the fault following this recommendation:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddab9af

--------------------------

I have this same problem and its a defect in DFM. Hopefully this will be fixed in SP4. Its hard to believe there is no delete button on the DFM alert screen to delete these. I had a TAC case open on this and they showed me how to delete them. This is what you do:

1) First they gave me a simple SQL file that looks like this:

delete from epm_alarm where id=3200

delete from epm_alarm_history where id=3200

delete from epm_alarm_properties where id=3200

delete from epm_alarm_annotations where id=3200

delete from epm_alarm_impacts where moid=366

delete from epm_condition_history where moid=366

This file is called delalm.sql and is placed in NMSROOT\objects\db\scripts.

Before you use it you replace the number after id= and moid= with numbers specific for the Alert you want to delete. The next steps will show you how to get these numbers.

2) From a command prompt change the current directory to NMSROOT\bin and enter the command "epm". This will give you the epm-shell> prompt. Get the alert ID from the DFM alert screen and enter the command "convert tonumber xxxxxxx" where the xxxxxxx is the alert ID. This will return a decimal number that represents the alert.

3) Still from the epm-shell> prompt enter the command "show alarm id xxxx". This will list details about the alarm including its MOID number.

4) Edit the delalm.sql file and replace the first 4 lines with the decimal alert number you got from above. Replace the last 2 lines with the MOID number you got from above. Save the file. I used notepad to edit the file.

5) Still from the epm-shell> prompt enter the command "db execute delalm.sql".

Repeat this procedure for each stale alert. The alerts will clear at the next screen refresh on the DFM alert screen.

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies