I'm using LMS and IPM 2.6. I've set up collectors and targets and have been successfully getting daily latency and jitter data. However, I've seen IPM fail to place the data from the collectors into it's database twice within about two weeks.
I've verified that the collectors are still collecting data during the outages although the web view gives zeros for the previous day's stats. The first time I had the problem, I did see an error in the log indicating that the DataCollectionServer failed to process stats. I did an "ipm restart" and after coming back up the log showed that data was being processed again. Two weeks or so later of successful collection and reporting, I found that the web report didn't show stats but the IPM log didn't show any errors.
The last significant entries in the log are, "Data for 'Monday Feb 25, 2008' have been successfully consolidated.
Data Consolidation and Aging has been successfully finished."
Then I get the lines about polling and the following, "ConfigServer.4712 | Info | Scheduling reconfiguration. Trying to reconfigure any failed collectors.. ".
I did another "ipm restart" and the data is successfully being placed into the database again today.
My question is, will I need to restart IPM on a regular basis? Is this a log limit issue? I don't think so because the log continues to report even if data isn't placed into the database. The documentation says that that IPM should retain daily data for up to 180 days. Perhaps something else is wrong?
Has no one experienced this issue before? I'm still having the problem and am doing an "ipm restart" about weekly. Sometimes I see an error like "CWB_impData_colld.exe encountered a problem and needed to close", sometimes I see what I mentioned before, sometimes I don't really see an error.
Obviously, this shouldn't be happening. But I'm surprised that it's not happened to someone else before.
For the benefit of others, I opened a TAC case and it was suggested that this was related to bug # CSCdz13783. The indicator is that one sees "SNMPServer.#### | Error | check_index_range: tmp_sent_instance_dataUnit is NULL" in the log. I was given a script which checks for this condition and reboots IPM, which should be cleaner than my batch file.
I think next time I won't wait so long to use TAC. ;)
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...