I have a problem regarding missing switches in CM. I can see the switches in CS, RME, and DFM but they are not shown in CM. Ãf i eg. look in the user defined group in CM, then i can see that 3 switches is missing compered to CS. Alle switches have the exactly the same credentials.
any good ideas ?
Is this really CM 5.0? If so, I would suspect a known bug. I would recommend an upgrade to LMS 3.0.1 with CM 5.0.5, Afterward, a new Campus Data Collection should get your missing devices.
Okay, what type of switches are they? Are they configured in your Data Collection filters under Campus Manager > Admin > Data Collection > Mode and Policy Settings?
all 3 switches is 3560-48. In the Mode and Policy settings, i have entered a c-class eg. 10.99.66.* . The switches missing is in the midle of this range .93, .96, and .106 switches with the eg. .92, and .107 are shown in CM
No, they are not in a cluster config, and are not shown under excluded devices. I tried to look under included devices, and here i could see the missing switches. I tried to add them manualy, but no change. I still can't see these switches in CM
After you added them manually, did you run a new Data Collection? That is important as Campus will only manage devices after a Data Collection. You could also enable Data Collection core, corex, frontend, and framework debugging, run a new Data Collection, then check the ani.log for those devices. It is possible they are managed by other names in CM.
I did run a Data Collection after I added these devices manually, but they still doesn't show i CM. I have also enabled logging as described, but i can't see these devices anywhere in the log (searched for IP adr. and device name)
The log is truncated. You will need to increase the log file size under the same interface where you enabled debugging. Add two zeros. Then run a new Data Collection.
It appears there is some bad data in the ANI database preventing these devices from being properly processed. Try reinitializing the topology portion of the database with the command:
Then run a new Campus Data Collection.
now it works,
after i cleared the campus database and made a new datacollection, then i can see 95 devices compared to before, were i only could see 86 devices.
Thanks very much for all your help :o)