Helpful
Replies

Monitor interfaces on core - Prime 2.1

Carstenlymann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Hope someone can help :)

I have a core setup with 7 switches 6504.

They are setup in a ring.. So core 1 is connected to 2 and 7. Core 2 is connected to 1 and 3. Core 3 is connected to 2 and 4. and so on.

So if a cable is cut the traffic will just go the other way around. But i wont notice that since the switch will still work, and the traffic will still go through. So would like to monitor my interfaces on the core, so i can see if a port goes down.  / not connected.

Think i have been through it all, but cant figure it out. So hope you guys/girls can help :)

Best Regard

Carsten

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure this can be easily done. You need to deploy the "Interface Health" template that's built into PI.

It's under Lifecycle view then "Deploy > Interface Health > Deploy", selecting the desired target devices or device group.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure this can be easily done. You need to deploy the "Interface Health" template that's built into PI.

It's under Lifecycle view then "Deploy > Interface Health > Deploy", selecting the desired target devices or device group.

Hi

I have tried that one.. Have it deployed to a port group i have made. Have added 2 local interfaces from 2 switches that is trunking to test it out, and see what error i get when i unplug the cable (to simulate a cable cut).

Then i go to home - Detail Dashboards where i have added Interface Availability trend, interface TX/RX utilization, Interface IN/OUT Discards and errors. From thos 4 dashboards i cant see any change when i unplug the cable.. Also i dont get any alarms sent to my email like i do when a switch on my network is offline. I would like that to so i dont have to look at my screen 24/7.

Hope it makes sense :) 

And thanks so far.

/ Carsten

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco